Braces can be used to correct several orthodontic issues from crowding to the way teeth come together when you bite down.
Can Invisalign fix an underbite?
Common problems we can fix with orthodontics in Temple, TX are:
- Crowding – Crowding occurs when there isn’t enough space for all teeth to align correctly.
- Spacing – Spacing problems are the opposite of crowding; there is so much room in the jaw that there are gaps and spaces between the teeth.
- Overbite – An overbite is when you bite down and the upper front teeth extend past the lower front teeth.
- Underbite – An underbite is the opposite of an overbite because the upper front teeth sit behind the lower front teeth.
- Open bite – When you bite down, your upper and lower teeth don’t meet. This makes it more difficult to bite into foods and also causes excessive wear on your molars.
- Crossbite – A crossbite is a misalignment of your upper and lower jaw.
Not only do all these issues affect the aesthetics of your smile, but they can also lead to unnecessary wear and tear on your teeth.
Contact our Temple, TX dental office
At Temple Dental Trails, we offer both Invisalign and traditional braces that will correct these alignment problems and leave you with a healthier smile as a result. If you would like to learn more about our orthodontic treatment options, please contact our Temple, TX dental office to arrange a consultation with Dr. Rich.