The length of treatment for any type of orthodontics at our Temple dental office varies widely from person to person, so we can’t say precisely how long your treatment will take until Dr. Rich evaluates your smile. However, some averages are:
- Traditional bracket and wire braces: 24 to 30 months
- Invisalign clear aligners: 12 to 15 months
- Six Month Smiles: 6 to 9 months
Variables that Impact Braces Treatment Length
- Your current smile: Teeth that are severely misaligned have farther to travel and will take longer to reposition than teeth with minor misalignments.
- Your age: While the method for moving teeth is the same for children and adults, children’s bones and tissue are still developing, so treatment times for them are often shorter.
- Treatment method: We typically choose traditional braces for more complex bite problems, so treatment times will be longer than a method like Six Month Smiles that doesn’t address your bite.
- Compliance: Orthodontics only work when you use them! Invisalign is an excellent option for older teens and adults, but since they’re removable, some patients don’t wear them for the prescribed 22 hours a day, so treatment takes longer.
At Temple Dental Trails, we want you to feel comfortable with whatever orthodontic treatment you choose for yourself or your child, so we are always happy to answer your questions. Please call our office at (254) 206-3492 to arrange an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Rich to learn more.